So How?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Raya Plans vs Lost Phone in Melbourne ??

Allo friendsssss...
It is 1AM here ....sitting in front of my laptop...Jerry Springer is on the tele...thought of sending this email before I go to bed...

so here it is....5 days before Raya...the whole flipping malaysia is all over with balik kampung plans, what to eat, where to go and me as usual, will most probably be walking into the office as usual where I guess I'll be the only person in this 1,000 people organization who realizes that Raya has actually arrived...

Puasa hasn't been that different anyway from the dozens I've had in UK in the past....in fact it's a bit less exciting coz no one to share the buka puasa "ritual", semayang terawih sorang sorang dalam apartment and the most saddening part is Buka with Biscuits + Coke...
ANYWAY, to make things more depressing, last friday after semayang Jumaat at the City Mosque downtown, I lost my PHONEEE !!!!

AARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!..Tension...I was pretty sure I lost it in the cab from the masjid to the GE office...the problem is on that day I took like 5 cabs....zig zagging from 1 GE office in North Melbourne to the other one in South Melbourne....Called the cab company, lodged a police report...U name it, I did ittt !!!...In fact that saturday, the weather in Melbourne was sooo terrible, raining mengalahkan banjir kilat in KL

My whole life ( ok a bit of an exageration ) is in that phone...family phone numbers, friends in UK, Malaysia, GE people...memang sakit jiwaaaaaa...more than 500 entriessss...I have no idea how long it will take me to rebuild the blardy "DATABASE"....So memang mengdepressing kan.....Before you guys ask, YES I did try to ring that number but it was switched offf...which makes it pretty obvious that someone might have found it, took out the sim card, threw it in a bin and just took the phone...

apa nak buat ? dah nasi badan....I am trying to get a new simcard with the same number tomorrow...so PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBERS..so that I can try and RESTORE you lot into my very important database....as you all can imagine, without a phone and numbers, feel a bit lost..especially in a country without that many friends in the first place !

ANYWAY, I know most of you guys are leaving for kampung today or in the next few days....so let me take this opportunity to wish you all a VERY SELAMAT HARI RAYA.....MAAF ZAHIR BATIN....HALALKAN MAKAN MINUM.... I guess that is the standard speech right ?

Oh before I forget, Nov 1, Tuesday is a public holiday here in Melbourne as it is the Melbourne Cup ( Race Horse )...alangkah baiknya sekiranya that thing were to fall on hari Raya so ada excuse tak masuk office....

Anyway, am having Buka Puasa tomorrow with a friend of my dad who happens to own a restaurant in Melbourne, aptly named SATAY INN...
that is the highlight of the day....in fact of the week !
Salam to alll....
its time to go to beddddd.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home