So How?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

2005 Hari Raya Recap


Hello rakan rakan,
I am sure by this time all of you must have already had a great holiday and spending Raya with families and friends...

So the time has come for me to share with you my first ever Raya WITHOUT ANYONE...Seriously bosan.


As far as I can remember, I have always had friends to celebrate raya with masa kat London / Scotland etc....basically there is always something to do..By the way, before I even start with that, let me inform you all that for some strange reasons, Australia was the only one who decided to have Raya on Friday (unlike the whole wide world who celebrated it on Thursday )..apparently tak nampak anak bulan....helllooo...mananya tidak, that Wed evening was a cloudy day + hujan + gloomy....kalau guna telescope NASA pun sure tak nampak anak bulan...

So terpaksalah aku puasa extra satu hari on Thursday...but having said that, ada jugak orang orang in Australia yang buat mazhab sendiri and raya on Thursday anyway....which says a lot about Islam Unity and consistencies.

So Hari Raya masuk office....9 - 8 pm....but lucky for me, my team and I went to the beach side area, St Kilda, and we came across a Malaysian Restaurant ( Chinta Ria ) and the food was actually quite good....so I had my ikan asam pedas, sayur belacan, karipap....agaklah sedap....it was a pure coincidence as no one actually planned to have Msian meal for the night...
then on Saturday Nov 5th, a muslim GE employee in Melbourne invited me to go to this Annual Eid Festival...It's more like a carvnival to be honest...Family Day type of thing with Rides, Ferrys Wheel, a lot of stall selling food etc...Tapi unlike in the UK where the majority of the muslim community is made up of Pakistani, Indon & malaysians, in Melbourne the whole festival was actually made up of Middle Eastern Communities ( arabic, egyptians, lebanese etc )...

In fact, I was soooo sure of meeting some malaysian people but after 2 hours, I realized that was not going to happen...actually the reason why i went there in the first place was KUT KUT ada makanan melayu....but haraaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... more like Kebabs, Halal Nandos, smoking shiha etc....More than 10,000 people came...apparently its a big annual event here in North Melbourne....

today, Sunday Nov 7th Hari Raya 3, went for Dim Sum then came to the office...its nearly 7pm now...so time for me to leave coz want to go and eat something before the week starts all over again...

ok lorrrrrrrrr...
I bet u guys in KL yang dah cuti berhari hari agaklah keberatan nak start balik kerja tomorrow....
suddenly, teringin nak makan satay pulak....have to think where I can find one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home